Who is this course for?
All staff working within childhood settings including schools, nurseries, adventure playgrounds, holiday play schemes, youth clubs, family entertainment centres and childcare provision.
Verifiable CPD points: 3
Course Aim: To provide staff working with children with an understanding of how infections including COVID-19 are transmitted and what measures can be put in place to prevent and control their spread.
• Infection Prevention and Control of Germs
• Sources of Infection
• Susceptible People
• Common Childhood Infections and Infections In Pregnancy
• Signs and Symptoms of COVID-19
• Infection Control Risk Assessment
• Covid-19 Risks Assessment – Points To Consider
• What to do if someone has or is suspected of having COVID-19
• Handwashing – Clean Hands Save Lives
• When Should Staff Wash Their Hands?
• Teaching Children To Wash Their Hands Properly
• Coughs and Sneezes Spread Diseases
• PPE – Personal Protective Equipment
• Cleaning Procedures
• Cleaning and Disinfection
• Cleaning Facilities and Equipment
• Cleaning Toys and Equipment
• Nappy Changing, Potties and Toilets
• Blood and Body Fluid Spillages
• Managing Waste Safely
• Reporting and Recording Infectious Disease Outbreaks
Assessment and Certification:
Learners are assessed through self-checks as they progress through the course and an end of course multiple choice assessment.
On successful completion, learners can download a CPD accredited certificate as evidence for their portfolio of CPD training.
Access: This online course can be completed on any PC or mobile device. Learners can study at their own pace and log in and out as often as they wish.
Features: Appeals to all learning styles with interactive quizzes, video and audio features. Allows learners to work at their own pace, testing their knowledge as they progress through the course.