Blended 12hr Paediatric First Aid Course
Our blended paediatric first aid course enables you to complete the theory of the qualification online prior to a 1 day face-to-face practical training session, please see below further details relating to who this course is aimed at & what is covered.
Who is this for?
• Anyone who has completed a level 2 or 3 childcare qualification & are working in an early years setting & would like to be included in the staff to child ratio to comply with the EYFS requirements.
• Registered childminders & assistants who are required to hold a current & full paediatric first aid certificate in order to comply with the EYFS requirements.
• Anyone who has a non-professional involvement with infants & children, for example parents, grandparents, guardians & would like to learn key paediatric first aid skills.
What is Covered?
• Roles & responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
• Assessing an emergency incident
• Dealing with an unresponsive infant or child
• Recovery position, CPR & defibrillation
• Choking & poisoning
• Fractures, head, neck & back injuries
• Anaphylaxis & allergic reactions
• Meningitis, diabetic emergencies & asthma
• Febrile convulsions & seizures
• Electric Shock & hypovolaemic shock
• External bleeding, burns & scalds, minor injuries, bites & stings
• Eye, ear & nose conditions
• Treatment for hot & cold body temperatures
The cost for this course is £80 +vat per person.
If you would like to book a place on this course, please let us know on –
We look forward to hearing from you soon.