Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at everyone working in Early Years settings including childminders and nursery staff.
Course Aim –
Course content has been developed in line with national Health and Safety guidelines and the EYFS Statutory Framework.
Course content –
• The importance of risk assessment
• Responsibilty for carrying out risk assessments
• The 5 steps of risk assessment
• Step 1 – Identify the hazards
• Step 2 – Decide who might be harmed and how
• Step 3 – Evaluate the risks and decide on precautions
• Step 4 – Record your findings, develop an action plan and put it into action • Step 5 – Regularly review your assessment and update, if necessary
• Ofsted Inspection and Risk Assessment
• Focus on the risks of slips, trips and falls
At the end of the course the learner should be able to:
• understand the importance of risk assessment • identify hazards and evaluate risk
• describe how to carry out a risk assessment
• explain the review process
Duration: 1-2 hours
Assessment and Certification –
Continuous self-checks throughout the course (100% pass mark required to progress to next lesson) and an end of course multiple choice test with a 70% pass mark.
On successful completion, learners can download a certificate as evidence that they have passed the course.
Accreditation: This course has been approved by the CPD Accreditation Group Verifiable CPD points: 2
This online course can be completed on any PC or mobile device. Learners can study at their own pace and log in and out as often as they wish
Appeals to all learning styles with interactive quizzes, video and audio features. Allows learners to work at their own pace, testing their knowledge as they progress through the course